Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week 2: Violet's Room




Feeling emboldened by the success of Week 1, (and knowing that I would have to get around to all the rooms eventually), I decided to tackle Violet's room this week. Violet just turned 5, and not only does this room hold 5 years worth of girl baby and toddler stuff, but also 2 years worth of boy baby stuff from when this was the nursery and Fletch was the resident. The big things to tackle are the dresser - especially the overstuffed top drawer, the bins in the toy chest, and the closet. Oh, the closet. On top of the "oh, I'll put this here for safe keeping" piles of stuff, it also has a GINORMOUS trash bag full of mystery toys from the remodel of 2009. I think there might be some baby shower gift stash and hand-me-downs in future sizes in there too, but lately, I have been too afraid to look very closely. Here is the bag when I busted it out for cleaning...


Other little stuff around the room: dusting the blinds and cleaning the windows, and reattaching the backing board on the book case. It's just a simple one from Ikea, but years of putting away oversized kid books has made the back fall off. It will mean taking everything out of it so I can lay it on it's back to pop it back on.



Hopefully, by the end of this week, there will be logical places for all the stuff worth keeping, enough floor space to actually play on, and drawers that a 5 year old can go through herself to get dressed every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment