Monday, June 27, 2011

Mantooth Fashion: The Early Years

So as I cleaned out Violet's closet, I put aside the clothes that were too small, but too sentimental to sell, into their own tub. Going in, I thought this would only be a few items. Well, I clearly underestimated how many "fashions" had special meaning to me in Vi's closet. And, I can only imagine what I will find in Fletch's stash of stuff when I tackle his room later this summer.

And, the point of all this cleaning wasn't too get rid of things that had meaning, so I felt ok keeping all these hand knit sweaters and dresses, girly ruffly things and the like, but really - really - how often was I really going to look at this stuff? And that's when I got an idea: Mantooth Fashion - The Early Years. Once the kids are back in school, I am gonna pull this tub of memories back out, take a snap shot of each piece, and see if I can assemble some sort of mini coffee table book. If I am feeling super creative, I may even go back and pull some photos of the kids wearing these clothes to drop in. I'm thinking like fashion advice pages; overhead shots (accessories?). Who knows exactly. But, I do think I'll get some enjoyment flipping through that over time more than dragging a tub out of the attic to remember when.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I'm still planning to make some kind of quilt with Daphne's baby clothes. Maybe by the time SHE has a kid, I'll actually get it done. I could make a photo book to go with it with pictures of her wearing the clothes from the quilt. Just what I need - a new project!

    ReplyDelete