Sunday, June 12, 2011

May I show you my bathtub?






The first week is behind me, and I would say it was a success. I got the closets and cabinets inthe bathroom emptied, sorted, and refilled. The jets in the bathtub have been cleaned out (and for the first time since we've lived in this house - 7 years - someone could actually take a bath with thejacuzzi feature). Even better, 2 grocery sacks of baby bathtub toys have been kicked to the garage sale pile - so a trip to the tub doesn't mean swimming in plastic-kid-toy stew. The sheets and towels have been sorted and put back in neat piles: who knew we had 20 twin size pillow cases? And, about half of a trash bag was dedicated to expired medicines and sticky hotel toiletries that had been sitting there far too long.

As for the hall closet - it wasn't too tough. There were two bags of random old toy parts that went into the trash. I also got a chance to go through a big bag of sewing things that came from Kevin's grandma's house when she died. Anyone have a project idea for a TON of old buttons? Mostly plain ol' white shirt buttons, but some other colors in there too. I didn't have the heart to pitch those, or the great old cigar boxes they were stored in.

So, I am happy. A little piece of the house is cleaned up. From the cabinets to the baseboards, the medicine cabinet to the light switches. If someone stepped foot in that few small square feet of my house, I wouldn't cringe in worry at what they might see. And, if they were really nosy, they might even notice I labeled the stacks of sheets, so that I can keep them neat (that is - if I ever used the sheets in the cabinet rather than the ones coming out of the dryer).




3 comments:

  1. (Tara plugged your blog on her blog.)

    Shirt buttons: kids string 'em on string, makes necklaces.

    Many nails (you'll have to choose the right diameter, though -- may be tricky) into a broomstick or dowel, with buttons on the nails. May, or may not, work as a folk instrument (shake it; stomp it on the floor and it rattles). Australians use bottle caps on a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LABEL MAKER!!! Be still, my heart! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So after 7 years, you could finally enjoy the benefits provided by jetted bathtubs. This particular kind of tub is ideal for those who might want to relax by enjoying the spa-like treatment within the comforts of your own home.

    ReplyDelete