Friday, June 17, 2011

One cute hiney...


And 30 pairs of undies!!! That's what I found when I cleaned out Violet's dresser this week. What 5 year old needs 30 pairs of undies? I guess the one with a mom who can't find any at the end of the laundry week so keeps buying more. Hopefully, now we'll be on top of it (even if the washer is broken for a few weeks, apparently). And, after I got all the clothes that are too small out of there, her drawers all could open and shut easily enough for a 5 year old to pick out her own clothes! Let the fashion disasters begin.

Overall, Vi's room was a bit tougher than the bathroom last week. First off, there was just a ton more stuff. Secondly, it was sentimental stuff. Clearly we didn't need 45 board books taking up shelf space anymore, but which ones are keepers? Which for garage sale? How many Little People sets do we keep? That kind of stuff. But, I have already felt my success, in that she's already chosen to play in her room 3 times this week. Yay!

Here are some shots of the "after"...













2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. We have so many board books and clothes that don't fit. And Princess undies that Daphne refuses to wear. (She picked them out!) I dread tackling her room, but I will be so happy when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, looking great! Clean-outs like this to assess how much of something (be it undies to Little People) you have is also a great way to budget and see where extra cash is going. When you start saving $5-10 off each Target trip it adds up!

    ReplyDelete