Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 7 - Tiny But Mighty


Knowing I had a short week (we didn't get back from vacation until Monday night), I picked the tiniest room left - the master bathroom - to tackle in week 7. It is an oddity of this house, that the master bathroom is so tiny, just the width of the tub, and not even an electrical socket at the sink (for scale, I think 2 of this room could fit into the toy closet). It also has a pocket door that doesn't lock - so much for privacy! But I digress.

Anyway, when I started the summer, I had big plans for the week with my bathroom. I was gonna clean it up lickety-split and then I could...bang! Paint it a new color. It's so small, I really thought it was possible.








But, when I opened the cabinet of shelves full of 8 years worth of sample size shampoo bottles and expired medicines, the dreams of a newly painted bathroom evaporated. Just put that into the "to-do" pile of improvement projects once the house is clean. (Maybe I should actually write that list down).

Aside from just being dusty and a bit gross, there are other big challenges in this tiny bathroom. One is the mold. I promised that I wouldn't embarrass my better half by publishing the mold photos. But let's just say the fan broke for awhile, and as a result, some of the wall condensation from our poorly vented showers turned to mold. Major yuck. The good news is, the fan is operational again - and once it is clean it should stay that way.






The second challenge will be the tub. It has this weird texture that clings to that soap/dirt build up like I have never seen anywhere else. I wash it down regularly, but in all the little crevices have gotten really bad. I am envisioning myself gasping in the fumes on my hands and knees to get this fixed. Probably why I have never tackled it up to this point.

Anyway, wish me luck. I am trying to envision a clean and happy place as I work. I'm not sure that's gonna be enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment