Friday, July 1, 2011

"Welcome" Home

While I was cleaning the big window in the dining room, I got sidetracked. First, I cleaned the inside. Then, realizing I could easily stand on the front porch and do the outside, I headed out with my trusty rag and Windex to finish the job.

The good news: the window looked great. The bad news: I took a second to look around out there and noticed that the front porch was in need of a good sweep, and a considerable wash down to clear out years worth of dust, cobwebs and dead bugs. So, even though it wasn't technically on my list of places to clean during my 11 week project, it just seemed like busting out the bucket and cleaner was a necessary evil.

And, I have to say, the place looks SO MUCH BETTER. Now, when people come over, hopefully they will feel "welcome" rather than freaked out that we are some weird creepy family who likes to keep the halloween cobweb decorations up year 'round. I am only cringing a little inside that I didn't make this discovery before we set up a photo booth on that very same front porch for Violet's birthday at the beginning of June. But, too late for that, I am just happy I can answer my front door with a bit of confidence now.







No comments:

Post a Comment